- The App is licensed, not sold to you, and you may use the Service only as set forth in these Terms;
- Your use of the Service may be subject to separate third party terms of service and fees, including without limitation your mobile network operator’s (“Carrier”) terms of service and fees, including fees charged for data usage and overage, which are your sole responsibility;
- The Service is provided “as is” without warranties of any kind, and DDN’s liability to you is limited; and
- Disputes arising under these Terms will be resolved by binding arbitration.
1. Account Access
You must be at least eighteen (18) years old to use the Service. By agreeing to these Terms, you represent and warrant to us:
- That you are at least eighteen (18) years old;
- That you have not previously been suspended or removed from the Service; and
- That your registration and your use of the Service is in compliance with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
If you are using the Service on behalf of an entity, organization, or company, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind that organization to these Terms and you agree to be bound by these Terms on behalf of that organization.
2. Accounts and Registration
To access some features of the Service, you must register for an account. When you register for an account, you may be required to provide us with some information about yourself (such as your name, credit card information, e-mail address, phone number or other contact information). You agree that the information you provide to us is accurate and that you will keep it up-to-date at all times. When you register, you will be asked to provide a password. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password, and any password for Facebook, Google, or other third party login. You accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account. If you have reason to believe that your account is no longer secure, you must immediately notify us via [email protected] .
3. Scope of License
The App is licensed, not sold, to you for use only under the terms of this license. DDN reserves all rights not expressly granted to you. Subject to your complete and ongoing compliance with these Terms, DDN hereby grants you a personal, limited, revocable, non-transferable license to use the App on compatible devices that you own or control, solely for your non-commercial use.
You may not modify, alter, reproduce, distribute or make the App available over a network where it could be used by multiple devices at the same time. You may not rent, lease, lend, sell, redistribute or sublicense the App. If you breach these license restrictions, or otherwise exceed the scope of the license granted in these Terms, you may be subject to prosecution and legal damages, as well as liability for infringement of intellectual property rights. These Terms will govern any updates provided to you by DDN that replace and/or supplement the original App, unless the upgrade is accompanied by a separate license in which case the terms of that license will govern.
4. Your Use of the Service
In order to use the Service, you agree to the following:
- The Service, including any content that forms part of the Service, contains proprietary content, information and material that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws, including copyright;
- You will not violate, or encourage others to violate, any right of a third party, including by infringing or misappropriating any third-party intellectual property right, or otherwise engage in the unauthorized use of any proprietary content, information or materials;
- Unless expressly permitted, you may not alter, modify, create derivative works of, sell, license or in any way exploit any part of the Service, and you agree not to copy, reproduce, distribute, publish, display, perform, transmit, stream or broadcast any part of the Service without prior written authorization;
- You agree not to bypass any security or other features of the Service designed to control the manner in which the Service is used, harvest or mine content from the Service, or otherwise access or use the Service in a manner inconsistent with individual human use;
- You agree not to perform any fraudulent activity, including impersonating any person or entity, or accessing any other Service account without permission;
- You agree not to decipher, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the Service, or the software used to provide the Service, in whole or in part, or authorize, direct, or cause a third party to do so;
- You agree not to use, display, mirror, frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose the Service, or any portion thereof, unless and solely to the extent DDN makes available the means for embedding any part of the Service;
- You agree not to access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Service, DDN’s (and its hosting company’s) computer systems and infrastructure, or the technical delivery systems of DDN’s providers;
- You agree not to use any robot, spambot, spider, crawler, scraper or other automated means or interface not provided by us to access the Service or to extract data;
- You agree not to use the Service in any manner to harass, abuse, stalk, threaten, defame or otherwise infringe or violate the rights of any other party, and that DDN is not in any way responsible for any such use by you, nor for any harassing, threatening, defamatory, offensive or illegal messages or transmissions that you may receive as a result of using the Service;
- You agree that your use of the App may incur third-party fees, such as fees charged by your Carrier for data usage, and may be subject to third-party terms, such as your Carrier’s terms of service, and you agree to pay all such fees and abide by all such terms;
- You agree not to introduce viruses, time-bombs, worms, cancelbots, trojan horses and/or other harmful code into the Service;
- Alcoholic beverages (including but not limited to beer, wine, cider, and spirits, as applicable; all referred to as “Alcoholic Beverages”) may only be purchased by individuals, including without limitation Customers, who are Legal Age. If you are a Customer, you expressly represent and warrant that: (i) you are of Legal Age; and (ii) you will provide bona fide government-issued photo identification to your courier upon delivery to you. Valid forms of identification include but are not limited to: (i) a valid motor vehicle operator’s license, (ii) a passport issued by the U.S. or by a foreign government, or (iii) a valid identification card issued to a member of the Armed Forces that includes a date of birth and a picture, showing your Legal Age. Deliveries of Alcoholic Beverages may not be made to anyone who is intoxicated, regardless of his or her age. You further understand and acknowledge that neither DDN nor the courier can accept your order of Alcoholic Beverages, and the order will only be delivered if the third-party merchant accepts your order; and
- You agree not to do any of the acts described in this Section 6, or to assist or permit any person in engaging in any of the acts described in this Section 6.
5. Consent to Use of Data
6. Intellectual Property Ownership
The Service, and the media and materials contained in the Service, including all intellectual property rights in the Service, are the sole and exclusive property of DDN and its licensors. Except for the limited license expressly granted by and to you under these Terms, no other rights, licenses, or immunities are granted or shall be deemed to be granted under these Terms, either expressly, or by implication, estoppel or otherwise. All rights not expressly granted by DDN in these Terms are expressly reserved.
You may choose to, or DDN may invite you to, submit comments, bug reports, ideas or other feedback about the Service (“Feedback”). By submitting Feedback, you agree that DDN is free to use such Feedback at its discretion without any obligation to you. DDN may also choose to disclose Feedback to third parties. You hereby grant DDN a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, transferable, sublicensable, worldwide, nonexclusive license under all rights necessary to incorporate and use your Feedback for any purpose.
8.1 Text Messaging
By using the Services or Software, you agree that the Company and those acting on its behalf may send you text (SMS) messages at the phone number you provided us. These messages may include operational messages about your use of the Services, as well as marketing or other promotional messages. You will not be able to use the Services or Software without agreeing to receive operational text messages. You may opt-out of receiving marketing text messages at any time by sending an email to [email protected] indicating that you no longer wish to receive marketing texts along with the phone number of the mobile device receiving the messages. You may opt-out of receiving all text messages from Company at any time by deactivating your account or sending an email to [email protected] indicating that you no longer wish to receive any text messages, along with the phone number of the mobile device receiving the messages. You may continue to receive text messages for a short period while the Company processes your request, and you may also receive text messages confirming the receipt of your opt-out request. Text messages may be sent using an automatic telephone dialing system. Your agreement to receive marketing texts is not a condition of any purchase or service offered by Company. If you change or deactivate the phone number you provided to Company, you must update your account information to help prevent us from inadvertently communicating with anyone who acquires your old number.
8.2 Push Notifications
When you install our app on your mobile device you agree to receive push notifications, which are messages an app sends you on your mobile device even when the app is not on. You can turn off notifications by visiting your mobile device’s “settings” page.
You agree that we may send you emails concerning our products and services, as well as those of third parties. You may opt-out of promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in a promotional email.
You are responsible for your use of the Service, and you agree to defend (at DDN’s option) and indemnify DDN and its officers, directors, employees, contractors, consultants, affiliates, investors, service providers, business partners, subsidiaries and agents from and against every claim, liability, damage, loss, and expense, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, arising out of or in any way connected with:
- Your violation of any of these Terms, any representation, warranty, or agreement referenced in these Terms, or any applicable law or regulation;
- Your violation of any third-party right, including any intellectual property right or publicity, confidentiality, other property, or privacy right; or
- Any dispute or issue between you and any third party, including any Courier, restaurant or other third-party merchant
DDN reserves the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you (without limiting your indemnification obligations) and you agree to cooperate with our defense of that claim. If the defense or settlement is assumed by you, DDN may at any time thereafter elect to take over control of the defense and settlement of the claim. You must not settle any claim without DDN’s prior written consent.
10. Disclaimer of Warranties
YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS, ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED BY DDN TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. DDN MAKES NO REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY, OR GUARANTY AS TO THE RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS, QUALITY, SUITABILITY, AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE SERVICE. DDN DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE USE OF THE SERVICE WILL BE SECURE, TIMELY, UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE OR WILL OPERATE IN COMBINATION WITH ANY OTHER HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, SYSTEM OR DATA; THAT THE SERVICE OR ANY PRODUCTS OR MATERIALS OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR EXPECTATIONS; OR THAT THE SERVICE OR THE SERVER(S) THAT MAKE THE SERVICE AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
DDN’S SERVICE MAY BE SUBJECT TO LIMITATIONS, DELAYS, AND OTHER PROBLEMS INHERENT IN THE USE OF THE INTERNET AND ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS. DDN IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DELAYS, DELIVERY FAILURES, OR OTHER DAMAGE RESULTING FROM SUCH PROBLEMS.
DDN RELIES UPON RESTAURANTS AND OTHER THIRD-PARTY FOOD AND BEVERAGE PROVIDERS AND RETAILERS TO PROVIDE ACCURATE ALLERGEN AND DIETARY INFORMATION AND GENERAL PRODUCT SAFETY. DDN DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE INFORMATION ACCESSIBLE THROUGH THE SERVICE IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE, RELIABLE, CURRENT OR ERROR-FREE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION MENUS, NUTRITIONAL AND ALLERGEN INFORMATION, PHOTOS, FOOD QUALITY OR DESCRIPTIONS, PRICING, HOURS OF OPERATION, OR REVIEWS. ALL CONTENT IS PROVIDED FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. THE RELIANCE ON ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED THROUGH THE SERVICE IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION NUTRITIONAL AND ALLERGEN INFORMATION.
DDN DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A RESTAURANT OR OTHER THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE SERVICE OR ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE OR THIRD-PARTY SERVICE, AND DDM WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY MONITOR ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES.
DDN may give notice by any means of communication reasonably anticipated to notify you of the information provided. By way of example only, such communication may be a general notice on the Service or via email to the email address listed on your DDN account. It is your obligation to update your account information so that we may contact you as may be necessary. Such notice shall be deemed to have been given 48 hours after dispatch. If physical notice (e.g., US Mail) is used, then such notice shall be deemed to have been given 7 days after dispatch.
You may give notice to DDN (such notice shall be deemed given when received by DDN) at any time by any of the following: letter delivered by nationally recognized overnight delivery service or first class postage prepaid mail to DDN at the following address:Delivery Driver Network Inc. 593 Farmington Ave #1 Hartford, CT 06105
You may not assign or transfer these Terms or your rights under these Terms, in whole or in part, by operation of law or otherwise, without our prior written consent. We may assign these Terms in whole or in part at any time to any entity without your notice or consent. Any purported assignment by you in violation of this section shall be void.
13. Term and Termination of Agreement
These Terms are effective until terminated by you or DDN as described below. Your rights under these Terms will terminate automatically without notice from DDN if you fail to comply with any of these Terms (including by violating any license restriction contained in these Terms). In addition, DDN may in its sole discretion terminate your user account on the Service or suspend or terminate your access to the Service at any time without notice. We also reserve the right to modify or discontinue the Service at any time (including by limiting or discontinuing certain features of the Service) without notice to you. We will have no liability whatsoever on account of any change to the Service or any suspension or termination of your access to or use of the Service. You may terminate these Terms at any time by closing your account, uninstalling the App, and ceasing use of the Service.
14. Dispute Resolution and Arbitration
DDN is not a party to, has no involvement or interest in, makes no representations or warranties as to, and has no responsibility or liability with respect to any communications, transactions, interactions, disputes or any relations whatsoever between you and any other user, any Courier or other third party. Disputes between a user and DDN are subject to this Section 14.
In the interest of resolving disputes between you and DDN in the most expedient and cost effective manner, you and DDN agree that every dispute arising in connection with these Terms will be resolved by binding arbitration. Arbitration is more informal than a lawsuit in court. Arbitration uses a neutral arbitrator instead of a judge or jury, may allow for more limited discovery than in court, and can be subject to very limited review by courts. Arbitrators can award the same damages and relief that a court can award. Our agreement to arbitrate disputes includes all claims arising out of or relating to any aspect of these Terms, whether based in contract, tort, statute, fraud, misrepresentation, or any other legal theory, and regardless of whether a claim arises during or after the termination of these Terms.
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT, BY ENTERING INTO THESE TERMS, YOU AND DDN ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION.
Despite the provisions of the paragraph directly above, we both agree that nothing in these Terms will be deemed to waive, preclude, or otherwise limit the right of either of us to:
- Bring an individual action in small claims court;
- Pursue an enforcement action through the applicable federal, state, or local agency if that action is available;
- Seek injunctive relief in a court of law; or
- To file suit in a court of law to address an intellectual property infringement claim.
If DDN makes any future change to this arbitration provision (other than a change to DDN’s address for Notice), you may reject the change by sending us written notice within 30 days of the change to DDN’s address for Notice, in which case your account with DDN will be immediately terminated and this arbitration provision, as in effect immediately prior to the amendments you reject, will survive.
If this Section 17 is found to be unenforceable, then this Section 17 will be null and void and, in that case, the parties agree that the exclusive jurisdiction and venue described in Section 20 will govern any action arising out of or related to these Terms.
15. Modification of these Terms
We reserve the right to update or modify the Terms at any time without prior notice, and such changes will be effective immediately upon being posted through the Service, except as set forth below. These Terms identify the date of last update. Your use of the Service following any such change constitutes your agreement to be bound by the modified Terms of Service. In the case of material changes to these Terms, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you of the change, such as through sending an email to any address you may have used to register for an account, through a pop-up window on the Service, or other similar mechanism.
Material changes to these Terms will be effective upon the earlier of:
- Your first use of the Service with actual notice of such change, or
- 30 days from posting of such change.
Disputes arising under these Terms will be resolved in accordance with the version of the Terms in place at the time the dispute arose. We encourage you to review these Terms frequently to stay informed of the latest modifications.
These Terms are governed by the laws of the State of Connecticut without regard to conflict of law principles. If a lawsuit or court proceeding is permitted under these Terms, you and DDN agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the state courts and federal courts located within Hartford, Connecticut for the purpose of litigating any dispute. We operate the Service from our offices in Connecticut, and we make no representation that materials included in the Service are appropriate or available for use in other locations. No joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you, DDN or any third-party provider as a result of the Terms or use of the Service.
If any provision of the Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck and the remaining provisions shall be enforced to the fullest extent under law. The failure of DDN to enforce any right or provision in this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision unless acknowledged and agreed to by DDN in writing.
This Agreement comprises the entire agreement between you and DDN and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous negotiations, discussions or agreements, whether written or oral, between the parties regarding the subject matter contained in these Terms.
17. Notice Regarding Apple
To the extent that you are using our mobile applications on an iOS device, you further acknowledge and agree to the terms of this Section 21. You acknowledge that these Terms are between you and DDN only, not with Apple Inc. (“Apple”), and Apple is not responsible for the Service and the content thereof.
Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the Service. In the event of any failure of the Service to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify Apple and Apple will refund any applicable purchase price for the mobile application to you; and, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple has no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the Service.
Apple is not responsible for addressing any claims by you or any third party relating to the Service or your possession and/or use of the Service, including, but not limited to:
- Product liability claims;
- Any claim that the Service fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and
- Claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation
Apple is not responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any third-party claim that the Service and/or your possession and use of the mobile application infringes that third party’s intellectual property rights. You agree to comply with any applicable third-party terms when using the Service. Apple and Apple’s subsidiaries are third-party beneficiaries of these Terms, and upon your acceptance of these Terms, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these Terms against you as a third-party beneficiary of these Terms.
You hereby represent and warrant that:
- You are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country; and
- You are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.